Protocol are proud to be working with the the largest further education college in the UK , the college believe in shaping an amazing future for their students with a focus on careers and a work-ready they aim to create greater opportunities in the heart of the city and leading the way in education.
The client is currently recruiting for a Learning support Assistant
- To provide general in-class support to groups or individual learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, as directed by the lecturer in class.
- To attend learner’s review meetings, where appropriate
- To liaise with other staff within the Additional Learning Support team to ensure an effective and responsive Additional Learning Support Service.
The person & qualifications
- Previous experience working with learners with learning difficulties
- A SEND or care background is essential.
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent such as a Level 2 functional skills qualification.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.