Protocol are excited to be working with a further education college, with campuses in various locations in their search for an experienced SENco on an on-going, part-time basis!
Are you an experienced practitioner with the ability to work with young people, their families and adults in a sensitive and positive way, demonstrating a sound knowledge of the principles behind quality improvement, including planning, monitoring and reviewing progress?
Do you make consistent judgements based on careful analysis of SEND data and present clearly a wide range of specialised information to both educationalists and non-educationalists?
if so, this could be the role for you!
Locations: Barnsley, Chesterfield, Derby, Doncaster, Harrogate, Huddersfield, Leeds, Manchester and Sheffield
- Manage learners to succeed so they achieve their full potential and provide positive value-added results.
- Deliver high quality and effective teaching, learning and assessment contributing to the review, planning and development of the curriculum
- Quality assurance of all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment
- Promote and adopt an innovative and collaborative approach for the planning and delivery of lessons and assessments (including remote delivery) to stimulate learners’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment of maths
- Contribute to the development of strategies to improve learner retention, attendance, achievement, success rates and value added for named courses/cohorts of learners.
- Assess learners work and provide feedback to support learners to improve and achieve their maximum potential
- Provide academic and pastoral support to guide, challenge and inspire learners to achieve their maximum potential
The person & qualifications
- Minimum Level 4 in maths
- Minimum Level 2 in English (D)
- Experience of delivering teaching or training and working with a wide range of learners and abilities
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.