Protocol are proud to be working in partnership with South and City College Birmingham to recruit for Payroll & Pensions Administrator.
At South and City, they are proud of their diverse community and strive to be a socially inclusive organisation, where they believe that learners are the most important member of the college.
The college has exceptional facilities which they continue to invest in, including a purpose-built construction centre, fine dining restaurant run by students, an industry standard auditorium and much more.
SSCB are an exceptional committed college ensuring students have the relevant skills, qualification and experience required for their future.
Apply today and start your journey with SCCB.
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title: Payroll & Pensions Administrator
Contract type: Permanent
Hours per week: Full Time – 36½ hours per week
Term-time only: No
T&Cs: Business Support
Location: South & City College Birmingham*
*Post-holders can be required to work at any College Centre
Responsible to: Payroll & Systems Manager
Aims of Job/Job Purpose
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day administration of medium to large sized college pension schemes-Local Government Pension Scheme and Teachers Pensions accurately and with no supervision, auto enrolment process and end of year reporting & all other year end duties.
- Implementation and running of new schemes if required.
- Using iTrent payroll software efficiently for pensions, payroll and reporting purposes.
- To be able to use pensions portal effectively and liaising with pensions providers.
- Dealing with retirement process and assisting employees where possible.
- To have an extensive knowledge of current legislations on both pension schemes operated by the college.
- To be able to compare monthly Payroll & pension reports and investigating/resolving any variance or anomalies. Also carry out pension’s reconciliations and analysis with no supervision and producing multiple reports required each month.
- Support and assist the payroll Manager on a daily basis and provide reports as and when requested on payroll and pensions.
- To be able to plan and meet the payroll and pensions deadline every month with maximum accuracy and continuously streamlining the whole process where possible with manager’s approval.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including data protection, HMRC, LGPS and Teachers Pensions. Maintaining required levels of technical knowledge and behavioral standards, especially all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- To use own initiative to resolve issues and to assist the Payroll team where possible, by providing a range of solutions and seeking advice where necessary.
- Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Raising third party payments and liaising with finance team.
- Filing, scanning, attending meetings, answering phone calls and carry out all other ad hoc duties.
- Reviewing and updating procedures and documentation.
- Contributing to the team as a whole, supporting the rest of the team based on their needs (a buddy to less experienced colleagues and supporting more senior colleagues).
- Be the first point of contact for all pension queries, over the phone and via email.
- Dealing with casuals and large numbers of timesheets during the enrolment period alongside with other team members.
- Ad hoc/regular duties assigned by the manager.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
- Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
- c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
- d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
- Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
- Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
To be experienced at least 2 years in pension’s administration for Local Government Pension Scheme and Teachers pensions-preferably in educational background.
Application Form/Interview/ Assessment
A level qualification or above
Excellent IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential.
Application Form/Interview/ Assessment
Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll and pension’s legislation and is confident in using payroll and pension software, specifically iTrent.
Experience of working within a team
Demonstrable communication skills , liaising effectively with a range of external agencies
Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills, attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy
Demonstrable record of working flexibly and using own initiative
Experience of working to pressure and tight deadlines
Demonstrable record of achievement against objectives and targets
The College is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and celebrate success together
We offer a range of inclusive employment policies, staff engagement forums (EDI Champions) and support services for all staff
All posts are subject to a DBS check, in order for your DBS disclosure to be processed without delay, you will be required to complete and pay for an online DBS check via UCheck (Cost is currently £44.80), unless you are on the DBS update service. We request you also register for the update service, currently £13 per year. Your original documents must be provided to us for verification to complete your online check.
It is an offence for anyone who is barred by the ISA from working with children and or vulnerable adults to apply for this position
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.