Are you experienced working with studnets with SEMH needs?
Can you help teach and develope students to overcome their own personal learning barriers?
Do you have the passion to make a real difference in students lives?
Protocol are currently working with a fantastic Gloucestershire based college who have a wide range courses, ranging from Apprenticeships all the way through to Higher Education and taking on students from all over the world. Rated as ‘Good’ showing a strong dedication to their students well-being and helping them forward in their journey for success whether that be to start their own careers or venture into Higher Education.
We are currently aiding them in their search for outstanding SEMH Lecturer’s to work for them on a permanent basis and on a fixed term basis.
In this role, we are looking to lecturers with strong subject knowledge who have the experience and passion to help learners with additonal needs. If you have experience working with vulnerable students and helping them overcome their own barriers to learning then this role could be perfect for you!
- To provide learning activities which meet curriculum requirements and the aims and needs of all its learners
- To ensure that students receive the support that they need to succeed. To accurately monitor and record interventions.
- Motivate, engage and create a positive learning environment for these students to thrive
- To safeguard students and attend EHCP/PEP/CIN meetings for Quayside Centre students.
- Recent experience of working directly with young people (aged 16-25) with SEMH needs in education, training or other relevant environments
The person & qualifications
- Experience of teaching learners with additional needs such as SEND or with gaps in education
- A relevant teaching qualification
- Experience working with students with anzierty or poor mental health
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.