Protocol are excited to be working with a fantastic college group to recruit for a FULL TIME, PERMANENT Carpentry and Joinery Lecturer in the South Yorkshire area.
This amazing further education College is one of the leading FE College groups within the region. The college offers an exceptionally high performing, advanced level centre for academically motivated students as well as a leading vocational centre.
We are looking to recruit the best talent. We want to hear from individuals that are passionate about education, are highly motivated, enthusiastic and have a commitment to learner achievement and success. This is a superb opportunity, offering high job satisfaction and generous benefits!
You will be delivering practical and theory to level 3 within this subject area. Paying up to 33,000 per annum depending on qualification and experience! 35 days plus bank holiday and automatic enrolment in to the teachers pension scheme are just some of the benefits you’ll receive.
The role of lecturer is to equip students with skills for their future through the delivery of outstanding education and training and inspire students to achieve their potential. This role offers you the opportunity to do this every day. It is the job satisfaction that comes from this that makes a teaching role special.
As well as teaching, Lecturers play an important role in providing pre and on-course guidance that supports learners through to successful outcomes. You will therefore undertake activities which will include learner interviews and enrolment, and other marketing and public relations activities associated with the course. This may include liaison with parents and guardians’ schools, industry, the community and other organisations to identify requirements, promote the College and recruit learners.
As Carpentry and Joinery Lecturer your main duties will include:
- You will teach and assess on a range of courses and learning programmes, appropriate to your skills and qualifications. You will undertake all necessary planning, preparation and assessment to ensure excellent teaching and learning occurs.
- You will undertake the necessary administrative tasks associated with your role, which include learner registration, attendance, record keeping, tracking, and reporting and for most 16-18 learners, liaison with parents and guardians.
- You will be expected to meet normal demands of an Academic Calendar including the production of Schemes of Work, planning for lessons and meeting Quality and awarding body requirements.
- You’ll prepare students for higher levels of study (including Higher Education) and vitally for the world of work, developing specific vocational work and employability skills through the curriculum, and by using external/internal links.
- You will work with the Pastoral and Progression Coach and course team to facilitate our Next Steps Passport and actively promote work experience opportunities in conjunction with work experience co-ordinators.
- You will have overall responsibility of the academic and pastoral care of a group or groups, which will include the arrangement of support requirements for students in communication with your Curriculum Team Leader / Curriculum Leader and Progress Tutor.
The person and specification.
- Experience of teaching Carpentry and Joinery to level 3 or within a relevant subject.
- Relevant work experience in industry (desirable but not essential).
- Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2 or above.
- Hold a teaching qualification.
- Able to deliver to students of all levels and abilities, and to use flexible and innovative methods of delivery as required.
- Able to develop effective links with industry/commerce and promote a positive image of the College.
- Willing to undertake any training connected with the post and update own CPD.
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to get one!
We are looking to interview immediately. If you are interested in working at this fantastic college and are available for interview, please apply with your CV and daytime contact number.
If this is not quite right for you, please get in touch today to hear about the array of opportunities Protocol has throughout the UK. As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.