Protocol are really excited to be working with University College Birmingham to recruit for a FULL TIME, PERMANENT Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering.
This really is a great opportunity not to be missed. With the college being in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, you’ll have state of the art facilities and a really supportive network of staff you’ll be working with daily.
You’ll also be working within a Further Education College rated ‘GOOD’ by Ofsted.
£34,304 – £38,587 per annum with opportunity to progress to £54,943.
Your role as Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering will be to plan, develop and deliver high quality, inspiring and inclusive learning opportunities for students to help them achieve their learning goals.
Main duties include:
- Deliver learning activities on a range of courses and levels including apprenticeship provision, as required.
- Develop and prepare high quality, inspiring and inclusive Learning and Teaching (to include digital learning) materials, assignments, activities and assessments which support student learning and embed employability skills.
- Undertake assessment of students ’ coursework, project work and examinations, and maintain up-to-date and accurate records of their progress and achievement.
- Supervision, guidance and marking of students’ independent work (e.g. practical work, dissertations).
- Participate fully in course team activities and act as a Unit/Module Leader as required.
- Support student placement activities as required.
- Contribute to curriculum development, promotion and marketing of new courses and new approaches to Learning and Teaching.
- Provide high quality academic, pastoral and personal support for students, including acting as a Personal Tutor.
The person specification
- Must have teaching experience within FE, specifically BTEC Engineering (level 2-5)
- Credible experience within industry to apply to Learning and Teaching.
- Minimum undergraduate degree level qualification in an engineering discipline.
- Maths and English qualifications at Level 2 (GCSE C/4).
- Recognised teaching qualification or willingness to obtain.
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to get one!
We are looking to interview immediately. If you are interested in working at this fantastic college and are available for interview, please apply with your CV and daytime contact number. Please note, if you are sent forward for this position we will ask you to fill out a University College Birmingham application form prior to interview.
If this is not quite right for you, please get in touch today to hear about the array of opportunities Protocol has throughout the UK. As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.