Job Title: Permanent Work Placement Coordinator
Salary: £21,953 Point 18
Hours: 37 hours per week, all year round
Location: Working across both Stamford and Peterborough College
QRS are currently recruiting on behalf of Inspire Education Group for a permanent Work Placement Coordinator to work across both college sites.
- The post holder will lead on the internal collaboration with curriculum teams and learners to identify and support learners to gain a work placement to achieve learning objectives and College targets.
- The post holder will ensure that learner and parental documentation is completed prior to the placement of a learner, in line with College policy.
- The post holder will lead on employer engagement to support learners to gain a work placement to achieve learning objectives and College targets.
- The post holder will ensure compliance with the College’s Employers Health and Safety Risk Assessment process in relation to the placement of learners.
- The post holder will support employers and learners whilst on placement.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Promote work experience to learners through the delivery of tutorials.
- Implement a selection and matching process for learners to suitable placements, to include ascertaining a learner’s ability, skill set, transport availability, financial support requirements and career path, providing high quality information, advice and guidance.
- Ensure compliance with college policy in the placement of learners by completing the required Safeguarding and Consent documentation.
- Administer the necessary correspondence to curriculum staff, employers, learners and parents/guardians as appropriate.
- Track and monitor learners undertaking work related learning and work experience on College systems.
- To conduct employer related health & safety checks in accordance with college policy.
- Record risk assessments and insurance details on the designated system.
- Build and manage external relationships involving employers, partners and the wider business community increasing knowledge and potential referral opportunities.
- Prepare job descriptions outlining the agreed tasks in accordance with the risk assessment report for the work placement role.
- Conduct learner checks and reviews to support learners whilst on a placement, and evaluate progress.
- Conduct and evaluate employer feedback.
- Track and monitor learners undertaking work experience on college systems.
- Update college systems to ensure information relating to learners and placements is accurate and kept up to date.
- Report regularly to the Work Placement Team Leader progress against targets.
- Deliver, promote and support good practice in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion, and compliance with the IEG policies and procedures
- Commitment to safeguarding and taking a shared responsibility to promote the welfare and a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults learning within the group
- Promote and consistently exemplify behaviours in line with IEG Core Values
- Cooperate with, promote and maintain a safe and healthy working environment and responsibility for own health and safety
- The post holder will normally be expected to use their knowledge, skills and experience to deal with work problems, prioritise their workload and take decisions commensurate with their post and its level of responsibility
- Any other duties that are reasonable and commensurate with the level of the post as required and following consultation with the post holder
To apply for this role please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com