Protocol is working with a South Yorkshire college to find a passionate Games Design Lecturer to work on a temporary-to-permanent basis.
Within the role as a lecturer in Games Design you’ll teach across a range of provision and have ownership of your own programme. You’ll work with our Curriculum Leaders and Faculty Head to further develop our Games Design pathway, potentially towards both our Further Education and Degree levels of study.
The college is looking to initially hire someone on a 12 week temporary placement, but should they be pleased with your work they will be looking for someone to work with the college permanently (If you are only looking for permanent we will be happy to still forward your CV for their consideration).
The role is 37 hours per week 52 weeks a year, paying £20,401 – £32,526 based on qualifications and experience.
- Your role will be vital in delivering the training and assessment of vocational skills, ensuring that our students enjoy an exceptional learning experience, with Excellence, Employability, Enterprise and Engagement at its core.
- Providing professional guidance and teaching for students, and ensuring continuous progression of both their skills and knowledge of the field.
- Encourages learners to take an interest in the field and develop their own interests and skills.
The person & qualifications
- Hold a relevant academic or professional qualification at degree level (or equivalent).
- Hold (or be willing to work towards) a recognized teaching qualification.
- An awareness of related, current industrial/commercial practice within Games Design is essential.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.