Protocol are working with a South Yorkshire college to find a passionate and motivated Hospitality and Catering Instructor.
About the role
This is a permanent, full-time role (37 hours per week). You will be a subject matter specialist who will equip learners for their future through the delivery of outstanding education and training, as well as inspiring learners to achieve their full potential.
Pay is up to £25,576 per annum.
- Be responsible for running the production kitchen alongside groups of learners throughout the week, liaising with the curriculum team leader and the restaurant manager.
- Assess groups of learners from entry 3 to level 3 within the production kitchen, producing meals for the Wharncliffe restaurant/takeaway/event evenings etc.
- You will be part of a curriculum and department team and will work with other staff to develop and share good practice in the area.
- Ensure students are taught in a safe and controlled environment while encouraging and nurturing their growth both personally and academically.
The person & qualifications
- Hold a catering qualification at level 3 specializing in bakery/patisserie and hold an assessor’s award or teaching qualification.
- You will have experience assessing students in a production or kitchen environment and produced a range of cuisines within a commercial enterprise.
- You will be able to work effectively on your own, as well as part of a team, have experience working in a customer focused environment and working within a production kitchen.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.