Lecturer in Optometry – Part Time, Permanent
Protocol are looking for a Lecturer in Optometry to work with an educational institution based in Inverness. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the largest college in the Highlands and Islands, supporting over 6,500 students both in further and higher education to achieve their goals and lay excellent foundations for the future.
This educational institution is looking for an experienced Optometrist to support their teaching efforts on a part time basis, allowing the successful candidate a perfect opportunity to balance industry and academic works!
- You will assist in the delivery of the Optometry programmes.
- You will contribute to the design, delivery and assessment of the programmes and modules at all levels.
- You will deliver innovative and engaging teaching through various assessment styles, and you will support with the development of new effective teaching styles.
- You will contribute to the research and scholarly activity of the institution, contributing to the generation of new income through enterprise, professional development and business engagement activities.
The person & qualifications:
- You will hold a degree in a relevant health area, and preferably this will be a minimum of a masters qualification.
- You will be eligible to registered as an Optometrist by the General Optical Council.
- You will have a desire to work towards a teaching qualification, however, it is desirable that you hold one currently.
- You will hold experience in optometry practice and/or education, with experience of successful employee engagement.
What’s in it for you!:
- You will be given support to achieve your career ambitions through a comprehensive staff development programme. This programme provides support for gaining further qualifications, and engaging with research opportunities.
- You will receive a salary of between £42773-48742 per annum (£24018-27369 pro rata).
- You will receive 21 days annual leave pro rata (based on 39 days per annum for full time staff members).
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.