Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Digital Specialist in the Newham, Barking and Dagenham or Havering area. Supporting the E-Business Programme to meet project milestones. This role will advise and support small medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to adopt good e-business and digital practice and techniques.
Monday – Friday with occasional weekend work when required. This is a 2-year fixed term contract with the potential to be extended.
You will need an Enhanced DBS Ideally on the update service
The person & qualifications
· Relevant experience in either e-business, digital marketing, web development, cyber security, coding and programming qualification at Level 3 or above
· Evidence of upskilling and training in Vendor qualifications for digital skills (Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, AWS, Python, C++ etc)
· Experience as a digital adviser to SMEs
· Demonstrate a good understanding of the needs of this business sector
· Experience of delivering training across Adult Education, Apprenticeship or Commercial funding lines and align SME business needs to the relevant accredited and non-accredited training opportunities
· Experience of delivering workshops/seminars/webinars/presentations / training to groups and individuals
· Understanding of the difficulties SMEs are facing as a result of COVID19, particularly with owners under-represented in business
- Deliver project outputs and milestones
- Conduct both business and individual training
- Meet SMEs on a ‘one to one’ basis to assist them progress actions from their Digital Business Plan.
- Assist SMEs to implement digital technology to support their growth
- Complete project documentation,
- Assist SME owners to identify training on the programme
- Create content and deliver digital skills webinar/seminars and taster sessions for the programme
- Work closely with the designated Business Adviser to ensure delivery of a co-ordinated service to the SME;
- Liaison with external advisers and suppliers to ensure specific client support needs are met e
- To support the overall aims and objectives of the project it may be necessary to work in one or all of the project boroughs on occasion;
- Outreach to engage business networks
- Monthly reporting to the Project Manager and identification of a monthly case study:
- Adherence to policies and procedures for COVID19 Safe Working, Health and Safety, Quality Management and Equalities; ensuring they are embedded into the delivery of all services and activities;
- Follow procedures for proper use and care of equipment and materials under your responsibility;
- Continual Professional Development and to keep up to date with the latest digital technology available to support businesses;
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.