Protocol are working with a well established Adult Education college based in Richmond in their search for a Temporary Drama & Dance Tutor to help teach some of their SEND learners from September.
Their learners reflect their community, coming from all abilities, backgrounds and ages. Their curriculum is equally diverse – and offer over 2,000-courses of excellent quality across multiple disciplines. With a significant focus on closing the gap between the most advantaged and disadvantaged adults in the community. They provide specialist courses which help adults with learning disabilities develop skills for life, work and independent living; plus, our women-only offer which helps women get back into learning and employment.
We are looking for outstanding candidates who are flexible, passionate and determined to help make a lasting impact within their own community. If you think you have the experience working with SEND students and are enthusiastic about teaching Dance & Drama see below for more details!
This role is part-time and on variable hours so flexibility is a must!
- To deliver engaging learning sessions for a range of learner groups and ability levels
- To ensure high levels of learner satisfaction with the College and its services
- To help students overcome current learning barriers and succeed withing their subject
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- To hold or be willing to work towards level 2 qualifications in literacy & numeracy
- To hold or be willing to work towards a teaching qualification
- To have an understanding of how people learn and methods that can be used to enhance a learning experience
- To have a track record of working effectively with people presenting with challenging behaviour
- Effective communication & inter-personal skills
- Flexibility to work across variable hours throughout the week, including evenings and weekends
- Experience working and teaching SEND students
- Experience working and teaching adults is desireable
If you feel like this role matches your skills, please get in touch with one our consultants now!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.