Role – Permanent Skills Trainer Assessor – Engineering
Salary – £26,693 – £29,625 per annum (dependent on contract type)
Hours – 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Contract – Permanent
Location – Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
QRS are looking for a Skills Trainer Assessor – Engineering on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week all year round. A preference in electrical maintenance engineering is desired.
Job Purpose –
To provide assessment, coaching and mentoring support to apprentices and work-based learners in the relevant apprenticeship framework or apprenticeship standard to achieve timely success. Working as part of the wider Academy team to provide a professional and quality service to apprentices, work-based learners and their employers in assessment of any relevant qualifications appropriate to the apprenticeship or work-based programme.
Facilitating regular performance development reviews with the apprentice and their employers providing the required coaching and support to ensure the apprentice achieves their full apprenticeship / work-based learning successfully.
Working flexibly to meet the assessment, skills and behavioural development needs of the apprentice / work-based learner both in College and at employer sites at varying times throughout the learning programme as required.
Preparing the apprentice and/or work-based learner for successful achievement in their required assessments.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Be responsible for an agreed case-load of apprentices/work based-learners and to develop, plan and deliver quality assessment to meet the requirements of the qualification or apprenticeship framework/standard.
- Confirm that the scope of the apprentice / work-based learner job role meets the range of the work-based qualification to support the successful achievement of the programme.
- Accurately undertake necessary documentation and processes as associated with apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes to ensure that the PRC provision remains compliant with funding agency rules.
- Assess apprentices/work-based learners in a timely manner using a wide range of methods that challenge and motivate learners to achieve, providing timely and constructive verbal and written feedback acknowledging strengths and giving a clear understanding on how to improve.
- Champion success by overseeing all contributors to the individual’s learning plan, gathering feedback on performance and using this to inform a detailed progress review with clear targets and actions to support learner achievement of their short and longer term goals.
- Take accountability for apprentices to achieve their learning and development objectives in a timely manner to contribute to increases in achievement and timeliness rates for the College’s provision.
- Regularly collaborate with relevant Colleagues, reporting progress to highlight potential risks of non-achievement and applying interventions as appropriate to mitigate risks.
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 3 qualified (as a minimum) within at least one relevant vocational industry
- Level 3 Assessment & Quality Assurance or equivalent
- English and maths to at least Level 2
- Recent relevant experience of working within the relevant industry with high level practical skills where relevant
- Ability to demonstrate practical trade professional manner
If you are interested in this position, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org