Protocol are working with the largest further education college in the East of England and is committed to serving the people of Cambridgeshire and the surrounding area.
The College has two main sites in Cambridge and Huntingdon and boasts specialist vocational facilities in a range of areas from engineering, construction, science to catering, hospitality and hair and beauty.
The College works with over 1000 employers both in the region and nationally and is rated as the number 1 provider in the region in terms of apprenticeship employer satisfaction.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Health and Social Care to join them at Cambridge Campus on a part-time basis (29.6 hours per week).
- Provide high quality teaching and access to learning in addition to undertaking associated course lead and tutorial duties.
- Contribute to course design, development of programmes and the expansion of the area generally
- Preparing interactive and engaging lessons
- Identifying and analysing student needs
- Demonstrating and overseeing practical lessons.
- Setting and grading assessments.
The person & qualifications
- You will have experience in teaching and assessing Health and Social Care programmes or Health Science subjects with relevant occupational competency and experience working in the health sector, be passionate about your subject and be inspirational to learners with the ability to generate creative teaching and learning materials, along with good organisational and time-management skills.
- A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualifications or industry experience with a full teaching qualification (Cert Ed, PGCE, DTLS) is required for the role. Applicants with a L3 teaching qualification who are willing to undertake a full L5 Diploma in Education and Training will be considered
- You will have a health science background to teach across our L1 to L3 Health and Social Care programmes including the new T-level in Health Science.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.