Protocol are currently recruiting with a long-standing provider of education. Having been around for over 100 years, this client has a wealth of experience and a strong reputation behind it.
We are currently looking for a full-time, temporary Wellbeing Advisor to join them until October 2022 based in Kingston.
- To provide a high quality professional and confidential holistic Wellbeing service to students ‘at risk’ in line with service thresholds in order to promote emotional health and resilience
- Triage, assess and action referrals through a central team inbox accordingly in line with pastoral caseload thresholds and safeguarding procedure . Refer to external support agencies around issues such as; benefits, homelessness, childcare, sexual health and substance misuse etc
- Provide accurate information and support at the Centre drop-in to students around the College bursary applications and signpost / refer as appropriate in liaison with the central payments team
- Lead on student risk assessment and safety plans, through multi-agency strategies , referrals and 1-1 intervention for a fixed period, identifying / responding to needs and compiling external agency documentation as appropriate to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the cohort
- Be a Safeguarding Officer for the College, assess risk and take appropriate timely action, consulting with the DSL where necessary to safeguard students in line with policy and procedure
- Lead on key pastoral support/wellbeing Service initiatives to target student cohorts such as the Adult Education Budget (AEB) support programme and develop service capacity through professional volunteers as required
- Disseminate sensitive information in line with the General Data Protection and Equality Act 2010 using the Groups agreed systems where appropriate
The person & qualifications
- Qualification in Mental health/Psychology, Social Work or relevant professional qualification at Diploma Level.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.