Protocol are working with a leading FE College based in the West London area. It is a very well-established College graded as “Outstanding” by Ofsted. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do, and their priority is to prepare all their learners for the future. The excellent staff and facilities ensure that they provide a well-rounded learning experience to students to help them reach their full potential. Last year over 800 students from the A-Level and Vocational Courses went on to study at top universities.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a permanent basis as a Learning Resource Specialist starting August 2022
Full-time and Part-time roles available!
In this role, you will be a positive, pro-active team member who will provide support to students through the work of of the College’s Learning Resource Center. This will involve supporting students with finding and using the resources current available within the Resource Centre. As well as provide essential administrative work to maintain the high standards of the College.
- Provide first line support for students with Microsoft Office software and digital skills
- Increase students’ enthusiasm for enrichment activities in the LRC through the organising and running of groups and events
- Identify and understand students’ needs for information and be able to source relevant resources in a variety of formats both print and electronic.
- Liaise with a specified Curriculum area to advise and identify their learning resource needs by attending team meetings
- Assist in the preparation of electronic LRC resource guides
- Assist in marketing of LRC resources by preparing materials for display screens and app posts.
The person and qualifications:
- Educated to a good standard including GCSE English and maths at minimum of Grade 4 or equivalent
- Ability to design and deliver effective study skills and digital literacy sessions to groups of learners aged 16-19
- Ability to use own initiative and work flexibly and able to commence work at 8.30am and work approx. 1 evening per week until 7pm
- Ability relate to learners positively and firmly
- Ability to effectively manage students’ behaviour
The deadline for applications for this post is Friday 1st July
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.