Protocol are currently working with a fantastic provider of Further Education to recruit for a permanent Welfare and Safeguarding Officer in the East London area.
This client has excellent links with businesses, professionals and industry experts. Last rated as GOOD in April 2016, the client is consistently investing to keep up with its students demands. By providing industry standard learning environments and access to new and rapidly advancing technologies, the college is proud to offer students with expansive opportunities in their chosen fields.
We are aiding in their search for a candidate who will play a leading role in ensuring the personal development of students through the means of personal and pastoral support to remove barriers to achievement and maximise potential.
This role is Full-time, Permanent and looking for a September start.
If you think this could be you, please find further details on this role, below.
- Liaise with curriculum teams to target and provide pastoral and welfare support, dealing with an allocated caseload of students needing extra support, so that students develop the confidence and resilience needed to succeed.
- Act as part of the safeguarding team through the identification of students at risk or those experiencing mental ill health, who would benefit from support
- Support the preparation of students for progression within and from the College
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of enrichment activities and workshops so that students develop their understanding of citizenship, British Values, physical, emotional and mental health and the importance of personal, behavioural and social skills
- Encourage student participation in wider College life, including enrichment and social
- action, equipping them with the skills and attributes needed in modern society
- Knowledge of key developments relating to child protection and safeguarding.
- Experience of making positive impact through working directly with young people aged 14-19 involving the assessment of needs and provision of advice, information and support.
- xperience of working with young people and adults to develop their employability, social, behaviour and personal skills to successfully achieve their programme of study.
- Experience of working with a number of different support agencies, both within an education setting or in the wider community, for example signposting students with mental health concerns to the appropriate support service.
- Have a Level 2 in Maths & English
- Have a Level 3 in Safeguarding and/or Mental Health First Aid trained
If this sounds like you please drop me an email with your up to date CV and availability and if you’re the right fit I’ll be back in touch shortly!
Please note, deadlines for applications for this role close on Friday 22nd of July
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.