Protocol are working with a leading FE College based in the West London area. It is a very well-established College graded as “Outstanding” by Ofsted. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do, and their priority is to prepare all their learners for the future. The excellent staff and facilities ensure that they provide a well-rounded learning experience to students to help them reach their full potential. Last year over 800 students from the A-Level and Vocational Courses went on to study at top universities.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a full-time, permanent basis as a Lecturer in Basic Education
The main purpose of the job is to ensure the retention and achievement of students through the delivery of good practice in teaching and learning. This involves the teaching and development of a range of subjects including Functional Skills English and Maths across the Basic Education and Foundation curriculum offer.
- To teach a range of learners, on a range of programmes within the Basic Education curriculum offer
- To plan for and work with Learning Support Assistants within the classroom and all teaching and learning environments
- To develop the work of the department in terms of those learners with more complex special educational needs (including learners with Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- To develop the work of the department in terms of those learners with more complex communication needs (Total Communication)
- To contribute to the development of non-qualification elements of the Basic Education curriculum delivery to include the development of opportunities for delivery in the wider community
- To participate in residential trips/activity days within Foundation Studies
You will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent level qualification and a Level 3 qualification in SEND
- A full teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE/DET)** or willing to work towards DET, supported by the College
- Experience of teaching learners with special educational needs
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Code of Practice and Foundation Learning
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.