Lecturer in International Law – Full Time, Permanent
Protocol are looking for a Lecturer in International Law to work with the University of Hull. Founded in 1927, the University of Hull has gone from strength to strength. Situated in the 2017 City of Culture, this fantastic red-brick university has lots to offer! Hull has benefited from fantastic investment over the past 5 years, helping to boost its economic impact and bring new growth to both the city and the university. The University itself has great pride and status within its research explorations, particularly within the field of social justice.
The Law School has recently had some big changes, and they are now seeking to appoint new staff members, to support them through their careers and to bolster the research and teaching output of the Universities Law School. Perhaps you’re local, or maybe you’re looking to relocate. Why not consider the great city of Hull, where the average cost of living is 70% lower than London, and 30% lower than Manchester. Could this be your great next step?
- You will work with the University of Hull Law School to actively support the delivery and development of teaching materials for both undergraduate and post graduate students.
- You will be involved with high-quality research, contributing to bolster the universities research output and enhance the academic outreach across the industry.
- If involved with the research output, you will be required to actively engage in the research culture of the Law School, ensuring you maintain strong publication and journal output, including working to apply for grants and funding to further your ability to conduct research.
- You will contribute to the teaching of the core ‘Foundations of Legal Knowledge’ subjects, as well as various specific International Law subject areas.
The person & qualifications:
- You will hold a relevant PhD, or be close to completion.
- You will have lecturing experience, or be willing to complete PCAP within two years if your experience is limited.
- You will be able to teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- If you are a qualified solicitor or barrister, this will be desirable.
- It will also be desirable if you have research experience, and if you have been involved in the proposal and funding application stages of the research process.
What’s in it for you!:
- This is a full time, permanent position to start ASAP.
- This position has a salary of £35,326-£40,927 per annum.
- The university has great benefits, including 31 days holiday plus bank holidays and a fantastic relocation package!
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.