Procurement Manager – Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Procurement Manager to join our team in a higher education institution in the BH12 area. This exciting opportunity will be offered to an individual who is experienced in Finance and is looking for a brand new challenge. The Finance & Procurement team ensures that all purchases are compliant with the University’s Financial Regulations and procurement policies and this would be a requirement of the successful applicant.
- To contribute to the development of the Procurement Strategy and Policy in response to the environment and the key objectives as outlined by the university.
- To draft and promote procedures in support of the achievement of the Strategy.
- To review spend and identify/prioritise opportunities to deliver both immediate and longer term cost savings. Utilise, as far as possible, collaborative agreements set up by regional or national consortia.
- To develop and implement a means of recording savings and other quantifiable value added benefits, and report to senior management on a regular basis.
- To oversee and manage work of the Purchase Ordering team, providing coaching and support as required.
The person & qualifications:
- To provide leadership on matters relating to contracts, commercial issues, procurement directives, and delivery of sustainable procurement policies and practices across the University.
- To advise budget holders on the most appropriate procurement route and lead on higher risk procurement exercises and those arising on the receipt of grant
- To perform detailed analysis and manipulation of commodity information or data, highlighting and prioritising areas for cost reduction or improved efficiencies and
to support management decision-making.
- Provide detailed information and advice, including training and instruction as required to senior colleagues and staff, in order to prepare rigorous product and
tender specifications for major purchase items.
What’s in it for you!:
- Full time, permanent position
- £38,587 to £44,706 per annum
- Mon – Thurs: 8:30am – 5.00pm (1 hour lunch break), Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm (1 hour lunch break)
If you are interested and would like to know more, please call 0115 911 1218 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.