Our client is currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a permanent basis as a part time and full time Sports Teacher in various Locations.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of an educational programme, developing loyalty from existing customers by delivering excellence in everything. As part of this role the FE Sports Teacher will be involved in working with learners on a group or on a one-to-one basis, delivering all aspects of qualification.
• Identify and progress new topic areas, courses and teaching materials whilst maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge
• Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities
• Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learners’ progress and development
• Manage and monitor all learner evidence in line with company and awarding body requirements
• Devise and oversee examinations, ensure regular contact with the Quality Trainer (IV) to ensure quality standards are met
• Ensure all learners are progress through their qualification adhering to schemes of work
• Maintain regular communication with Key Stakeholders on learner progress
• Carry out a pastoral role as a personal tutor to learners
• Identify and plan additional support for learners as necessary
• Act as a Company representative at parents’ evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions
• Interview potential learners and conduct assessments as necessary
• Manage learner behaviour and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of unacceptable behaviour;
• Establish work experience and carry out learner assessments in the workplace, as appropriate
• Ensure Equality and Diversity is embedded and instilled both in and out of the classroom
• Identify and raise any safeguarding issues to the relevant representative
• Promote and instil a safe learning environment
• Participate in regular teaching observations and in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
• Attend team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses
• Understand fully the national standards for each qualification
• Act as the Company’s representative at club/site trials and events
• Manage and support all learner recruitment with the commercial department
• Achieve aspirational targets and KPIS for your learners including targets around retention, achievement, high grades, progress and progression, English and Math etc.
• Promote and market services within client settings
• Actively promote further opportunities for course participation
• Maintain knowledge regarding Education and Training stakeholders’ policies and procedures
• Provide timely feedback to Key Stakeholders on a regular basis
• Ensure that safeguarding, prevent and E&D policies and own training is kept up to date at all times
• Meet all course and general administration requirements such as but not limited to:
•Management and reporting of student attendance
•Update qualification Tracker Sheet
•Use of ProSuite software to track, monitor, and rapidly improve learner performance and progress.
• Management and reporting of student behaviour
• Learner reports in line with customer or requirements
•Ensure all Health & Safety checks are completed
•General course administration
The person & qualifications
• A recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, PTLLS or A1 Award
• Minimum of a level 3 qualification within a related subject area.
• First Aid
• Assessors Award
• Verifiers Award
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.