Protocol are proud to be working with a further education college based in the South Gloucestershire are in their search for a Permanent Specialist Support Tutor on a Full-time and Part-time basis!
This college based in South Gloucestershire has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Their experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. They are proud and committed to making the College the best it can be. Who are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
If you have a passion for working and tutoring SEND and PMLD learners and you are looking for a new experience with a fantastic FE college, see more details below!
Salary: Up to £30,063 per annum
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Be responsible for curriculum planning, development and implementation within the CHASE team
- Develope resources to match learners needs
- Act as a personal tutor
- Direct and support in class to enrich the learning experience
- Review current support plans and risk assessments and chairing EHCP Reviews
- Ensure effective implementation of the College Quality Management system and Quality review schedule within the area
- Record daily logs of learners
- Administer medication
- Liaise with our Speech and Language and Additional Learning support teams
- Effectively manage all aspects of quality within the department to ensure development and progress for both staff and learners
- Effective use of management information to raise the quality of learning, including improving attendance, retention, achievement, progression and value added.
- Value diversity and promote equal opportunities
- Work within health and safety guidelines and be aware of your responsibilities for health and safety.
- Adhere to college policies and procedures, including Data Protection
- Be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
The person & qualifications
- Teaching qualification
- Experience of supporting and teaching students with SEND and PMLD
- Have a relevant qualification in SEND
If this role would be of interest to you, get in touch with one of our consultants today!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.