A leading further education college group in Surrey is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate to join our Construction department as a Heavy Motor Vehicle Lecturer for a position in Slough based at their centre for main vocational and technical courses including Apprenticeships, Adult Education and HE. They deliver an innovative curriculum with superb specialist facilities including latest industry standard equipment, workshops, and studios.
Their mission is to inspire ambition and make a positive difference to lives through learning. They are keen to recruit talented individuals who are passionate about helping to deliver the highest standards of education and training to local people, communities, and businesses. In return, they offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, where everyone’s skills and ideas are valued and respected.
As Motor Vehicle Lecturer, you will be responsible of student learning, curriculum development, pastoral care, and administration. Sharing your skills and knowledge developing and maintaining high levels of student retention and attendance. This is an opportunity for a passionate individual who wishes to work in a stimulating environment and to inspire students.
The role is temporary but could lead on to becoming a permanent member of staff pending successful application and interview.
This college is looking to arrange interviews for this position as soon as possible, so don’t miss out! Attach your CV right away if you would like to discuss the role with a consultant!
- Effective delivery and management of a teaching programme within the areas of competence of the post holder paying due regard to student progression towards successful completion.
- Regular assessment of student progress and preparation of appropriate progress reports. This will also include the development of assessment strategies to meet the learning objectives (asset out in Unit Guides) through the medium of ‘Schemes of Work’. The recording and monitoring of student progress through effective evidence based tracking.
- Develop existing and/or new courses together with other members of the team/s.
- Provide accurate, timely data and information including registers, withdrawals, transfers, assessment, examination results, and progress reports.
- Maintain student morale and discipline inside and outside ‘the classroom’ within the College site and in conjunction with College management.
The person & qualifications
- Relevant professional/trade qualification at a minimum of a level 3. (Or equivalent experience)
- (Desirable) An endorsed teaching/training qualification
- (Desirable) TAQA / A1 and V1 awards or willing to work towards (within 3 years)
- Commitment to continued and relevant professional development
- Recent relevant professional/industry experience in the specialist area/s they will be teaching
- An effective communicator with demonstrable oral and written English
- The ability to develop English and math within a learning environment and applying to a vocational context
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative teaching which inspires and engages all learners
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.