Protocol are currently recruiting for a further education college located over three main sites in Basildon, Southend-on-Sea and Grays in Essex.
Last rated as GOOD, the client provides exceptional facilities built to industry standards, helping its students with the necessary equipment and teaching to progress further into their chosen fields. They are passionate about helping people of all ages and abilities to achieve their learning goals and life aspirations.
We are recruiting for a full time temporary Student Learning Coach.
- You will work in partnership with teaching staff, to provide academic and social/emotional support to groups of learners or individuals with additional needs on mainstream or discrete College programmes.
- You will support learners to ensure they’re given every opportunity to succeed, contribute to and participate in all aspects of college life.
- The role demands an emphasis on strong customer focus, keeping the learner voice central in the delivery of support to encourage independence.
- You will be supported by a Learning Mentor within a large team and deliver support following an individual support plan, supporting student management within the college assist learners in the successful completion of their chosen course.
The person & qualifications
- A Level 3 qualification
- Level 2 in Maths and English
- Significant experience of enabling young people and/or adults with learning difficulties or disabilities to learn
- A qualification or evidence of CPD in supporting learners with additional needs
- Experience of supporting students with assessing and monitoring progress
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.