Protocol are working with one of London’s largest providers of Post-16 education and training to recruit for an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to teach FE vocational courses related to Engineering, predominantly on vocational Level 2 & 3 programmes for apprentices.
The specific areas of engineering include Level 2 & 3 Mechanical Engineering, specifically Machining and CAD, although offering other engineering areas would be an advantage. You will be responsible for the conduct and progress of all students on these courses, ensuring the provision for these students, is of high-quality pastoral support.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave of 37 days plus up to 7 additional days over Christmas/New Year as well as an additional 5 days Wellbeing leave to enhance employees’ physical and mental health. There is an excellent pension scheme that receives a significant financial contribution from the employer (Teachers Pensions or Local Government Pension Scheme).
This client is looking to organise interviews for this position as soon as possible, please don’t hesitate to get in touch right away by attaching your CV if you would like to discuss the role with a consultant.
- Teaching theoretical and practical workshop sessions relating to Level 2/3 Engineering/Maintenance apprentices and full time Level 2/3 students studying Engineering subjects.
- Conduct the assessment and monitoring of candidates on such courses; complete all administrative work connected with the assessments.
- Provide prompt and constructive feedback to candidates soon after assessment.
- Contribute as appropriate, to the development, marketing and recruitment for both new and established courses provided by the School of Engineering.
- Act, when required, as Internal Verifier within the curriculum area.
- Teach on one or more of the courses provided or serviced by the School and contribute to the development of existing and new provision and the implementation of flexible and cost effective teaching and learning styles.
- Complete the administrative work connected with their teaching efficiently and effectively, including completion of registers, records of work and various forms of student progress sheets.
The person & qualifications
- Hold a degree or professional qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Non-qualified candidates must achieve the Preparing to Teach Award (PTLLS) within one year of the start of their employment with the College and the Diploma in Teaching in the Life Long Learning Sector (DTLLS), including gaining QTLS within five years
- Teacher-trained applicants must be able to show that they have participated recently in staff development to update their teaching skills and to remain abreast of current developments in teaching.
- All candidates need to have excellent teaching skills and substantial relevant teaching experience.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.