Protocol are working with a leading further education provider in the West Midlands to recruit a full-time, permanent Carpentry Workshop Technician.
The purpose of the role is to prepare materials for lessons using a range of Carpentry machinery. Working closely with the Carpentry teaching staff, you will maintain the tools and workshops and materials to ensure that they are ready for all types of use.
The college houses purpose-built workshops with industry-standard equipment and a wide range of professional tools. They believe staff are their greatest asset and have won a range of awards which showcase their commitment to employees including Disability Confident, Tommys Pregnancy Accreditation and Mindful Employer awards!
Why choose this employer?
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Annual Leave
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Family Friendly policies
- CPD Days
- Access to Occupational Health Services
- Preparation and Development of equipment and materials for student and lecturer use.
- Keep all machinery in the machine shop in a serviceable condition.
- Assist with materials and equipment inventory
- Maintain consumables stock of tools
- Ensure that current Health and Safety legislation and codes are maintained and storage of equipment and materials.
- Supporting teaching staff in the workshop
- Where necessary, re-organise rooms and facilities
- Maintaining and organising hand tools, hand held machinery and precision tools.
The person & qualifications
- Relevant level 3 or above qualification in Carpentry (or related)
- Hold English and Maths GCSE Grade C qualification / Level 2
- Experience of Carpentry and Joinery programmes
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.