Protocol are working with a leading further education provider to present a fantastic opportunity for a Lecturer in Joinery to join a team delivering apprenticeships and commercial training to apprentices in West Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will deliver outstanding Level 2 and 3 learning at a campus designed with classrooms and workshops purpose built for industry subjects. Our client is seeking a motivated person who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers and has a passion for joinery and construction. The ideal candidate will have prior knowledge of apprenticeship standards and recent experience of delivering Joinery apprenticeships at Levels 2 and 3.
This position is due to begin in the new academic year, September 2022 (however, if you have a notice period, please let us know and we will be happy to discuss this with you). The contract is on a temp-to-perm basis, beginning on a sessional basis with a permanent position guaranteed after 3-4 months for candidates who successfully demonstrate the characteristics and qualities required by the role.
Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible, in order to avoid disappointment, attach your CV today to find out more about this position and similar roles in your area!
- To effectively produce and manage every learner’s individual learning plan to ensure that they achieve their highest potential.
- Develop high-quality, learning materials.
- To positively engage all learners within classes using a range of effective techniques; allowing no learner to ‘opt out’.
- To ensure that support staff, are effectively briefed prior to the start of each session, so that group and individual learning can be maximised.
- To ensure that teaching is always positive, engaging, stimulating, effective and progress
focused for all individuals and groups, and is designed to re-engage and enthuse every learner.
- To provide every learner with frequent, regular and effective progress feedback on work produced in class, and work completed outside of class.
- To fully engage with all necessary College systems, including (and not limited to) web registers, ProMonitor, email, ProSolution.
- Ensure appropriate plans and resources are available, for example, the required planning documents are completed and full lesson planning is available, to enable classes to be covered in the absence of the postholder.
The person & qualifications
- Be qualified to Level 3 in Joinery
- Experience of teaching Joinery framework/standard or similar levels 2 and 3 qualifications
- Hold GCSE A* to C / 9 – 4 in Maths and English or level 2 equivalent
- Previous experience of working with Post-16/college students
Benefits of working with this employer
Sessional benefits include:
- Attractive hourly rates, plus statutory holiday pay
- We never work with umbrella companies! Our in-house payroll department administer PAYE tax with no hidden fees
- A dedicated Recruitment Consultant is your point of contact for advice and support throughout your employment
Permanent benefits include:
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Great Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.