Protocol are working with a leading further education provider to present a fantastic opportunity for a Joinery Assessor to join a team delivering apprenticeships and commercial training to apprentices in West Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will deliver apprenticeships at Level 2 and 3. Our client is seeking a motivated person who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers and has a passion for joinery and construction. The ideal candidate will have prior knowledge of apprenticeship standards and recent experience of assessing Joinery apprenticeships at Levels 2 and 3.
This position is due to begin as soon as possible. The contract is on a temp-to-perm basis, beginning sessional / hourly paid and with a permanent position guaranteed after 3-4 months for candidates who successfully demonstrate the characteristics and qualities required by the role.
Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible, in order to avoid disappointment, attach your CV today to find out more about this position and similar roles in your area!
- To interview and conduct a skills analysis and associated initial assessments as part of the recruitment process.
- To manage and monitor the progress of a caseload of learners, organise workplace assessment visits and provide a point of proactive and regular contact with employers.
- To produce and monitor individual training plans for learners and contribute to their updating, encompassing all elements of the delivery programme.
- To conduct work based assessments and internal verification in line with Awarding Body requirements.
- To develop appropriate work based assessment materials to support skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- To provide appropriate, constructive and timely written feedback, in accordance with college policies, to prepare learners for their end-point assessment activities.
- To ensure that all learners and employers receive appropriate training in the use of the organisational VLE platform.
- To provide appropriate individual guidance and support to learners and refer to specialist agencies where appropriate e.g. additional learning support
The person & qualifications
- An Assessors Award
- Minimum Level 3 Joinery qualification
- Previous experience working in the Joinery industry
- A DBS on the update service (or willing to obtain)
- Understanding and experience of delivering apprenticeship programmes in Joinery at level 2/3
- (Desirable) A UK teaching qualification
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.