Protocol are recruiting for a Carpentry and Joinery Lecturer on a full-time, sessional basis!
The position will be delivering to level one & two full time and apprentices Site Carpentry & Bench Joinery. The successful candidate will be responsible for theory delivery to all groups in addition to teaching practical. You will receive a competitive hourly rate and work with a leading further education provider in Worcestershire!
Sessional benefits include:
- Attractive hourly rates, plus statutory holiday pay
- We never work with umbrella companies! Our in-house payroll department administer PAYE tax with no hidden fees
- A dedicated Recruitment Consultant is your point of contact for advice and support throughout your employment
- To assess students’ work in accordance with the College and departmental assessment policies and awarding body requirements
- To develop and deliver best practice in learning, teaching and assessment
- To assist in the implementation of pastoral and welfare systems for students, including induction, recording achievements and action planning
- To mark and return work to students in accordance to departmental policies, providing constructive oral and/or written feedback that clearly indicates strategies for improvement and progress against individual targets
- To provide accurate and regular feedback on student progress and outcomes to managers and students and to use this information to continuously improve teaching and learning
- To monitor and manage student attendance and promote positive behaviour for learning, following college procedures for any unacceptable behaviour
The person & qualifications
- Degree or vocational qualification at the appropriate level in a relevant subject
- Possess an appropriate recognised teaching qualification or demonstrable experience delivering C&J Education
- Relevant and current subject knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of excellent teaching, learning and assessment practices and quality assurance
- Effective communication skills and able to work flexibly as part of the College team
- ICT competent/e-learning/ILT
- Able to act as a pastoral tutor
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.