Job Title: Trainer Technician Welding/fabrication.
Hourly Rate: £11.12 per hour + statutory holiday
QRS are currently recruiting on behalf of an established college based in Peterborough for a Trainer Technician Welding/fabrication.
To provide practical support and assistance to staff and students in the Welding and Fabrication area
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Help and assist lecturing staff in providing and undertaking practical and vocational learning activities for learners.
- Provide training and/or coaching in appropriate disciplines (including skills for life) to a range of learners on their selected programme or training.
- Make assessments of student competence against pre-determined criteria.
- To train students through the delivery of some underpinning knowledge.
- Train on a range of accredited programmes, as required, to deliver the learning aims of students. This will be achieved through one-to–one tutorials, classroom style workshops, observations and reviews of students in college.
- Check, maintain and where possible repair equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well-organised environment in the workshop.
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of files, both manual and computerised.
- Maintain stock levels and provide accurate and current inventories of tools, equipment and materials as required by your Line Manager.
- Attend meetings as required by your Line Manager.
- Participate in risk assessments of practical activities.
- Ensure the clearing away, cleaning and safe storing of appropriate equipment and materials after use.
- Supervise students undertaking practical work, visits, examinations/other assessment, etc.
- Support staff and students in the use of specialist equipment.
- Supervise the activities of learners to ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, eg COSHH.
- Undertake First Aid duties, as and when required.
- Engender a strong team ethos, which promotes a positive, can-do attitude across the department.
- Maintain excellent standards of customer care and provide a flexible and responsive service to all users.
- A commitment to the provision of a high quality, student-centred service.
- Perform duties to a high standard and to ensure that quality assurance and improvement processes are implemented successfully across the College, particularly those relating to own role.
- Participate in and make an appropriate contribution to the College’s planning and review processes.
- Assist with College enrolment/open evenings as required (which will entail occasional attendance outside normal College hours for which time off in lieu will be agreed).
- Undertake continuing professional development as appropriate. Take a full part in the College staff development programme including the appraisal process.
- To carry out such duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- Contribute to the development of IEG Group’s Strategic Aims, Objectives and Values
If you have an interested please email email@example.com
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010