Job title: Skills Trainer Assessor – plumbing
Hours: 37 per week, all year round, to be worked flexibly
Location: Peterborough College and Stamford College
Contract type: Permanent
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough & Stamford College who are looking for a Skills Trainer Assessor in Plumbing
Benefits of working with IEG
- Opportunities to develop or start a carrier in education
- Safe and secure place to work
- Enabled a good work/life balance
- Ideal for people with school age children
- Staff are approachable and friendly – strong team
- Free on-site parking
- Free breakfast
- To be responsible for an agreed case-load of apprentices/work based-learners and to develop, plan and deliver quality assessment to meet the requirements of the qualification or apprenticeship framework/standard.
- To confirm that the scope of the apprentice / work-based learner job role meets the range of the work-based qualification to support the successful achievement of the programme.
- To accurately undertake necessary documentation and processes as associated with apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes to ensure that the PRC provision remains compliant with funding agency rules.
- To assess apprentices/work-based learners in a timely manner using a wide range of methods that challenge and motivate learners to achieve, providing timely and constructive verbal and written feedback acknowledging strengths and giving a clear understanding on how to improve.
- To champion success by overseeing all contributors to the individual’s learning plan, gathering feedback on performance and using this to inform a detailed progress review with clear targets and actions to support learner achievement of their short and longer term goals.
- To take accountability for apprentices to achieve their learning and development objectives in a timely manner to contribute to increases in achievement and timeliness rates for the College’s provision.
- To regularly collaborate with relevant Colleagues, reporting progress to highlight potential risks of non-achievement and applying interventions as appropriate to mitigate risks.
- To plan and regularly monitor learning and development progress by working collaboratively with relevant parties involved in the apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes.
- To maintain accurate records (paper or electronic) of; assessment; employer and learner activity; and learner achievement, compliant with funding rules, awarding organisation and College guidelines.
- To visit apprentices and work-based learners at agreed regular intervals to ensure timely progression towards learning aims and agree and review appropriate actions related to development of knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- To participate in quality assurance procedures according to established guidelines ensuring compliance with awarding body/EPAO requirements and the College IQA processes.
- To participate in educating employers in changes or developments in the skills sector relevant to their industrial area.
- To represent the College professionally ensuring that manner, conduct and any work undertaken at employer sites maintains the College’s reputation and adheres to the local Health and Safety regulations.
- To participate in the activities related to employer and learner voice to actively inform development in the provision to enhance the employer and learner journey.
- To maintain appropriate standards of positive learner behaviour and challenge inappropriate behaviours both in College and in the workplace.
- To keep up-to-date with developments relevant to the area of apprenticeships/work-based learning and area of own vocational expertise, including general developmental and professional updates relating to the delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
- To be prepared to assess under any discipline you are experienced and competent in.
To offer pastoral support where relevant for apprentices/work-based learners and to mentor and support staff as required and appropriate.
- Level 3 qualified (as a minimum) within at least one relevant vocational industry
- Level 3 Assessment & Quality Assurance or equivalent (D qualifications must be updated to the current specification) or willing to work towards within 6 months
- English and maths to at least Level 2
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
Start date asap
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please click apply now
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010