Job Title: Skills Trainer Assessor – Engineering
Hours: 37 per week, all year round, to be worked flexibly
Location: Peterborough College and Stamford College
Contract type: Permanent
To provide assessment, coaching and mentoring support to apprentices and work-based learners in the relevant apprenticeship framework or apprenticeship standard to achieve timely success. Working as part of the wider Academy team to provide a professional and quality service to apprentices, work-based learners and their employers in assessment of any relevant qualifications appropriate to the apprenticeship or work-based programme. Facilitating regular performance development reviews with the apprentice and their employers providing the required coaching and support to ensure the apprentice achieves their full apprenticeship / work-based learning successfully. Working flexibly to meet the assessment, skills and behavioural development needs of the apprentice / work-based learner both in College and at employer sites at varying times throughout the learning programme as required. Preparing the apprentice and/or work-based learner for successful achievement in their required assessments.
Benefits of working with IEG
- Opportunities to develop or start a carrier in education
- Safe and secure place to work
- Enabled a good work/life balance
- Ideal for people with school age children
- Staff are approachable and friendly – strong team
- Free on-site parking
- Free breakfast
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Be responsible for an agreed case-load of apprentices/work based-learners and to develop, plan and deliver quality assessment to meet the requirements of the qualification or apprenticeship framework/standard.
- Confirm that the scope of the apprentice / work-based learner job role meets the range of the work-based qualification to support the successful achievement of the programme.
- Accurately undertake necessary documentation and processes as associated with apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes to ensure that the PRC provision remains compliant with funding agency rules.
- Assess apprentices/work-based learners in a timely manner using a wide range of methods that challenge and motivate learners to achieve, providing timely and constructive verbal and written feedback acknowledging strengths and giving a clear understanding on how to improve.
- Champion success by overseeing all contributors to the individual’s learning plan, gathering feedback on performance and using this to inform a detailed progress review with clear targets and actions to support learner achievement of their short- and longer-term goals.
- Take accountability for apprentices to achieve their learning and development objectives in a timely manner to contribute to increases in achievement and timeliness rates for the College’s provision
- Regularly collaborate with relevant Colleagues, reporting progress to highlight potential risks of non-achievement and applying interventions as appropriate to mitigate risks.
- Plan and regularly monitor learning and development progress by working collaboratively with relevant parties involved in the apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes.
- Maintain accurate records (paper or electronic) of; assessment; employer and learner activity; and learner achievement, compliant with funding rules, awarding organisation and College guidelines.
- Visit apprentices and work-based learners at agreed regular intervals to ensure timely progression towards learning aims and agree and review appropriate actions related to development of knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Participate in quality assurance procedures according to established guidelines ensuring compliance with awarding body/EPAO requirements and the College IQA processes.
- Participate in educating employers in changes or developments in the skills sector relevant to their industrial area.
- Represent the College professionally ensuring that manner, conduct and any work undertaken at employer sites maintains the College’s reputation and adheres to the local Health and Safety regulations.
- Participate in the activities related to employer and learner voice to actively inform development in the provision to enhance the employer and learner journey.
- Maintain appropriate standards of positive learner behaviour and challenge inappropriate behaviours both in College and in the workplace.
- Keep up-to-date with developments relevant to the area of apprenticeships/work-based learning and area of own vocational expertise, including general developmental and professional updates relating to the delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Be prepared to assess under any discipline you are experienced and competent in.
- Offer pastoral support where relevant for apprentices/work-based learners and to mentor and support staff as required and appropriate.
- Level 3 qualified (as a minimum) within at least one relevant vocational industry
- Level 3 Assessment & Quality Assurance or equivalent (D qualifications must be updated to the current specification) or willing to work towards within 6 months
- English and maths to at least Level 2
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
All employment offers are subject to a satisfactory fully-funded enhanced DBS check
For more information please click apply now