Protocol are working closely with a further education college based in Greater Manchester to help recruit for GCSE Math’s Lecturers. Initially the roles are agreed until February half-term.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs and in line with Professional Teaching Standards.
- Be responsible to the Head of Department and Director of Curriculum for an agreed teaching programme in GCSE Math’s and other related areas determined within the prevailing conditions of service.
- Teach GCSE Maths programmers but may be required to teach on any other course offered by the College for which the post holder is appropriately qualified.
- Work collaboratively and innovatively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area.
- Develop course materials, schemes of work, group profiles etc. as required and make these available prior to course starting dates and are made available through the College’s shared information systems.
- Deliver academic tutorials to provide students with feedback on progress and formative guidance on how to improve performance to assure success.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are followed and assist in the maintenance of high standards of Health and Safety throughout the department and College.
- Contribute fully to the co-ordination, development, promotion and delivery of the range of courses offered by the College as required and will promote, manage and develop appropriate short courses as led by market forces or local/national needs.
- Participate in the promotion of courses including marketing events, dealing with course enquiries and recruitment to courses, etc. in compliance with College policies.
The person & qualifications
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification.
- Have experience teaching GCSE Maths.
- Have good organisational and planning skills.
- Be enthusiastic and have the ability to motivate learners.
- Hold a DBS on the update service or willingness to obtain one.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.