Protocol is working closely with an FE college based in Derbyshire to help recruit for motivated and enthusiastic College Driver and Site Operative. We are looking for experienced candidates who will ensure safe and punctual transport for students to and from the college and take on additional maintenance and janitorial tasks. The institution is committed to providing a broad range of courses for all learners and the client is looking to grow the team.
- Full-time/sessional role, starting asap.
- Assist in general maintenance and upkeep of campus grounds.
- Transportation of passengers in connection with College trips and visits as well as providing support for regular transportation requirements relating to ongoing curriculum and business requirements.
- Make daily checks of the College vehicles, to ensure that they are in a safe condition for driving and report back any defects identified. The checks will be carried out by using an agreed checklist provided by the College.
- Carry out fortnightly vehicle checks, and cleaning both inside and out of all vehicles as required. Checks should be carried out using the vehicle check sheets and returned to the Health, Safety and Estates Manager
- Reporting any damage/excessive mess as necessary.
- Maintain data such as learner numbers and associated information as well as all legal documents concerned with the vehicles.
- Ensure that any trips or visits that are booked are authorised and the departments have provided the correct risk assessment and cost code to fund the trip. To ensure all fuel sheets are completed and handed into the Estates Officer.
- Assist with deliveries and collections as requested.
- Assist with taking vehicles to local garages for servicing, repairs and MoT tests.
- Record of hours worked is to be maintained, method to be in agreement with the Health, Safety and Estates Manager or nominee.
We are therefore seeking passionate individuals with a background in transport/student support with relevant licence.
Have you got what it takes?
- Experience providing transport within an educational environment.
- Full/Clean UK driving licence.
- D1 certificate on licence.
- Enhanced DBS.
- Experience with SEN learners.
- A positive and supportive attitude to student support and experience.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak to one of the consultants!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.