Protocol is working closely with an FE college based in Cambridgeshire to help recruit for motivated and enthusiastic Lecturer in Supported Learning. We are looking for experienced candidates who will ensure an outstanding standard of education is provided within the Creative Departments such as Music and Drama . The institution is committed to providing a broad range of courses for all learners and the client is looking to grow the team.
- Full-time/temporary role.
- Act as course team lead and tutor to a group of students with Moderate entry level learning needs, leading on the Introduction to Creative Industries course.
- Design schemes of work, learning resources and assessment schedules to enable RARPA outcomes and accredited qualifications to be captured.
- Support the department’s internal Quality Assurance processes and respond to deadlines in preparing the accredited work for sampling.
- Teach students English and Maths at Entry and level 1, including preparing student for functional skills qualifications.
- Track and monitor students EHCP targets over time and to support and monitor the tracking of the targets in line with RARPA processes.
- Prepare and adapt learning materials in collaboration with the mentoring staff to enable all learners to make good progress on their programmes.
- Direct LSM’s to ensure impact and rapid progress of learning.
- Act as Course Team Lead and tutor to a given group of students. Hold regular tutorial meetings with students, liaise with parents, carers and key works and Local Authority professionals ensuring that intervention strategies from specialist therapists and other professionals are tracked and recorded as well as supporting mentors to implement their advice and strategies.
- Undertake Proact-SCIP and first aid training for the Supported Learning Department.
- Produce written reports to support EHCP meetings.
We are therefore seeking passionate individuals with a background in Supported teaching and learning with relevant academic qualifications.
Have you got what it takes?
- A recognised teaching qualification (DTTLs or equivalent).
- L3+ in a Creative subject (Music, Drama, Digital Media etc).
- Level 2 Maths & English.
- Experience with SEN learners in an educational setting.
- A positive and supportive attitude to student learning and experience.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak to one of the consultants!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.