Protocol are working with a leading FE College based in the West London area. It is a very well-established College graded as “Good” by Ofsted. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do, and their priority is to prepare all their learners for the future. The excellent staff and facilities ensure that they provide a well-rounded learning experience to students to help them reach their full potential. Last year over 800 students from the A-Level and Vocational Courses went on to study at top universities.
Our client currently has an opportunity to join them on a full time permanent basis starting ASAP as a Uniformed Public Services Lecturer at the Uxbridge campus
36 hours per week
£31,357 to £43,729 per annum
Teacher training provided
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed professional to teach on a range of programmes in Policing and the Uniformed Services, including levels 1-4. The role will involve attending outdoor and residential activities, and delivering / supporting some fitness training. You will also need to be able to drive a minibus or be prepared to undertake relevant training.
The person & qualifications
- Qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in Public Services
- Have work experience in the Police, other emergency services or the Armed Services.
- Some teaching/training experience is desirable, but more important is the ability to communicate effectively and be able to engage young people aged 16-19
- A good communicator with a passion for UPS
- Able to engage and motivate young people aged 16-19
- A teaching qualification or willing to obtain one, funded by the college
- Enhanced DBS or willing to obtain one.
- Incremental progression within salary band awarded for good performance
- Ongoing training and development to help you progress in your career
- Excellent opportunities for internal promotion
- Teachers/Local Government pension scheme
- Free car parking on all Campuses
- Subsidised gym membership at More Energy fitness centres
- Dental insurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Public Transport Season Ticket Loan scheme
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.