Protocol are working closely with a Further Education college based in Birkenhead to help recruit for a Carpentry and Joinery Lecturer to teach across Level 1 and 2 Carpentry and Joinery to students.
- Full time hours on a permanent basis.
- 35 hours per week Up to 23 hours contact. 9.6 weeks annual leave.
- 23% employer contribution to pension Employee Benefits package including discount scheme, cycle to work, 24/7 Wellbeing Support, free electric car charging.
- Access to first class CPD opportunities, teaching across Level 1 and 2 Carpentry and Joinery.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Work alongside the Apprenticeship Coordinator in Apprentice sign-up, initial assessment and induction process.
- Assist in the coordination of any employer engagement initiatives.
- Liaise with other lecturers to monitor apprentice progress and provide the necessary report.
- Liaise with lecturing staff to compile and carry out comprehensive apprentice reviews which lead to meaningful action plans.
- Ensure that apprentices are clear on the criteria and the evidence they have to gain to meet this.
- Provide support to employers and supervisors to provide the apprentice with opportunities to gain the required evidence and to validate it.
- Provide support to apprentices, employers and supervisors to use the e-portfolio system effectively and efficiently.
- Provide individual/small group e-portfolio sessions for apprentices as required.
- Liaise with lecturers and others in facilitating students access to and use of appropriate learning materials, equipment, resources etc.
- Assess students by formal or informal methods as required by external examining bodies and following internal College procedures.
- NVQ/Advanced Craft or equivalent Level 3 qualification)
- Assessor Award (A1/TAQA/CAVA)
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training/PTLLS or equivalent
- Must have as a minimum a basic teaching qualification
- Minimum of Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE English Language and Math’s (Grade C/4 or above) or other Level 2 equivalent qualifications
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak with one of the consultants!
Protocol are proud to be Disability Confident Committed. We are happy to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it, please let us know
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.