Curriculum Team Leader – Mathematics
Permanent: £47,052.09 per annum
- To provide leadership and management of the staff team and to deputise for the Head of English and Maths when required. This will include participating in the selection of the new team members, and being responsible for their induction, appraisal, 1-1 support and supervision and Continued Professional Development.
- To ensure the provision of fast-class teaching, learning, assessment, student support and student progression. Leading on a range of measures to both evaluate and improve this provision across the team. Including observations, learning walks, individual and team development plans and supported experiments / action research.
- Effectively manage all allocated staffing resources, managing the day to say delivery of teaching, learning and assessment across the curriculum team, organising operational cover, ensuring that staff utilisation targets are met.
- To lead on assessment across the area to ensure that it models and reflects best practice and meets the requirements of the awarding bodies, acting as Lead Internal Verifier in the area as needed.
The person & qualifications
- Extensive teaching experience within one or more curriculum areas
- Knowledge of the curriculum areas and current developments within these
- Understanding teaching and learning issues within Maths and English
- Knowledge and understanding of quality improvement frameworks
- Successful experience of programme/course leadership resulting in both quality improvement and growth
- Successful management experience or ability to develop and manage staff
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.