Protocol is working closely with an FE college based in the Liverpool to help recruit for motivated and enthusiastic IT Specialists. We are looking for experienced candidates who will be responsible for providing dedicated IT Support and Administration across the college and ensuring all vital infrastructure is maintained and developed to a excellent standard. The institution is committed to providing a broad range of courses for all learners and the client is looking to grow the team.
IT Services Coordinator – FT/Perm up to £30,282
IT Services Officer – 3x FT/Perm, up to £25,870
IT Services Technician – FT/Perm, up to £22,495
• Site Co-ordinator with responsibility for the IT resources and management of staff at locations responsible for, with the opportunity to move around to different sites to broaden skillsets and to fulfil the demands of the IT Services team availability
• Provide general 1st / 2nd / 3rd line IT support to users on-site
• Provide technical solutions for users
• Responsibility for site-resources and allocations
• Follow documentation processes and procedures for new and existing site resources
• Maintenance of the software catalogue and current licences
• Responsibility for the facilitation of on-site Exams (software and hardware)
• Deploy both hardware and software to facilitate the educational experience
• Utilise knowledge of the area of work to support an effective, user-friendly and professional service.
• Ensure SLAs are adhered to
• Provide general support for the teaching of students at college centres with a specific focus on Technology Enhanced Learning equipment and processes
• Ensure an appropriate level of support is provided for the business support areas of the centre to ensure the continued operation of IT systems
• Maintain IT equipment to ensure its efficient operation and performance levels
• Demonstrate a range of IT equipment to staff / students to ensure their safe operation
• Carry out basic maintenance tasks including a range of testing to ensure equipment remains in a safe and good working condition
• Carry out routine record keeping ensuring accurate records of maintenance etc are maintained
• Transport goods and equipment on the centre using trolleys/vehicles and complete site set up
We are therefore seeking passionate individuals with a background in IT Support with relevant academic qualifications.
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant academic/vocational qualifications.
- Relevant FE or industry experience.
- Level 2 Maths & English.
- A positive and supportive attitude to student learning and experience.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak to one of the consultants!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.