We are delighted to be assisting an education provider with the appointment of their next Associate Director of Finance.
This role is perfect next step for a Head of Finance!
o Lead the development and implementation of the College’s financial strategies
o Lead the effective financial management and reporting for the Trafford College Group
o People management responsibility for the Finance team
1. Ensure the financial stability of the College, providing advice and support to the Leadership team on financial matters.
2. Analyses current and future impact of strategic decisions, risks and opportunities on financial targets and KPI established by 3rd parties (e.g. Banks, Local Authority, ESFA).
3. Oversee 3rd party relationship through the effective and efficient execution of performance /output criteria (e.g. Delivery of monthly and quarterly performance reports to bankers and the ESFA TU).
4. To advise the Leadership Team on all financial matters to ensure the efficient and effective use of the financial resources and that expenditure on funds provided by Funding Agencies complies with their requirements.
5. Continually review the planning, budgeting and forecasting process ensuring assumptions and strategic decisions are correctly interpreted and applied to reforecasts.
6. To be responsible for the production of Management Accounts and present financial monitoring information to the Leadership Team.
7. Responsibility for monitoring and controlling cash flow and the day to day management of the Corporation’s liquid assets within the framework of the treasury management policy.
8. To be responsible for preparation and delivery of the consolidated statutory financial statements for the Corporation and the associated regulatory disclosures (e.g. VFM Statement, Annual Return).
9. To lead on the financial management of contracts for the delivery of external services and all tendering exercises.
10. To lead on insurance management arrangements for the College.
The person & qualifications
- CCAB qualification or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- 3 years + post qualification experience
- Relevant managerial and professional experience in a related area at a senior level
- A comprehensive knowledge or practical experience of relevant legislation and regulations
- Ability to demonstrate a business focus and commercial mindset to managing public sector finance function
- A proven ability to successfully manage resources effectively
- Ability to win support for new idea and concepts through effective negotiation and advocacy skills
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level when required
- An innovative leader with a vision for strategic financial leadership and management
- Highly motivated and inspiring leader able to actively engage
- Ability to plan and organise a range of complex activities some which will require the formulation and adjustment of plans or strategies
- Ability to establish creditability and effective working partnerships quickly
For a full job description or an informal conversation please contact Emily on 0115 911 1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.