We at Protocol are working with a fantastic specialist college in the Central London area and are recruiting for a Beauty Therapy Trainer and Assessor to work on a 0.5 FTE basis on a fixed term contract for 14 months. You will travel around the London area visiting and assessing in the workplace Beauty Therapy courses at levels 1-3 with a caseload of up to 22 learners.
- Ability to deliver Beauty Therapy up to a Level 3 NVQ equivalent in order to support and develop apprentices towards the new Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Standards
- Visit apprentices in the workplace on a monthly basis, developing their knowledge and practical skills to ensure the successful outcome for the Apprenticeship End Point Assessment and Standard, in line with contractual requirements and targets.
- Maintain and keep up to date electronic calendar/diary using e-portfolio system. Plan visits for 3 months in advance.
- Update visit plans and apprentices e-portfolio at the end of the day when visited or taught, which will be checked by the apprenticeship manager.
- Rearrange visits cancelled by the apprentice to be seen within a 2 week period to ensure no significant gaps in learning delivery.
- Where face to face visits cannot be carried out ensure a remote visit takes place.
- To update the apprentice’s e-portfolio and progress at the end of the visit, or the following morning at the latest, to ensure all parties are informed of apprentice’s development and progress.
- Each visit needs to have a visit plan completed and signed by all parties with clear objectives set and feedback given. Visit plans need to identify E&D/Safeguarding/British Values/Prevent/H&S/English & Maths skills development.
- Carry out 8-12 weekly reviews with apprentices and manager/mentor to obtain employer feedback update and keep all parties informed on the apprentice’s progress. If needed to bring the review forward and inform all parties.
- Where required, embed, deliver and assess elements of English and Mathematics functional skills at Level 1 or 2 to meet set target dates for completion.
- A range of assessment methods to be used for visits
- Arrange model sessions in the salon with employer and apprentice where required.
- Conduct H&S checks at the apprentice’s workplace to confirm compliance.
- Where needed to carry out enrolments for new apprentices.
- Manage and maintain apprentice evidence in line with LCBT, ESFA, Ofsted and Ofqual audit requirements.
- To deliver an exemplar level of customer service to all LCBT clients.
- To ensure the delivery of training is in line with each client’s needs and internal company objectives, in line with Good or Outstanding teaching, learning and assessment key judgements in Ofsted’s CIF.
- Attend standardisation meetings, team meetings and development meetings as necessary to support the deployment and development of programmes.
- To comply LCBT policies and procedures and any related industry compliance standards (e.g. Health and Safety).
- Achieve agreed progress and completions targets.
- Maintain and record own CPD with regard to technical expertise and trainer-assessor skills.
- Any other reasonable requests made by line management or directors.
The person & qualifications
- List qualifications, experience and skills the role requires
- Assessors Award/TAQA
- ITEC/NVQ/CIDESCO in Beauty Therapy Level 3 or equivalent to meet Beauty Standards
- Minimum PTLS or equivalent, willingness to work towards during probation
- Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2 or equivalent
- Up to date CPD on latest industry trends and duty to maintain this in line with Awarding Body Requirements
- Working with strict deadlines and targets with evidence of achievement rates
- Significant experience within the Occupational area
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.