We are working with a fantastic college in Kent who are looking to recruit a full time, temp to permanent Technician in Brickwork, Carpentry & Joinery. This college are looking to interview immediately and are offering an hour rate of between £16 – £18 per hour plus statutory holiday pay.
- To provide technical support for the delivery of Brickwork, Carpentry and Joinery courses within the department.
- To prepare learning materials for practical sessions in the Brickwork, Carpentry and Joinery workshops.
- To maintain hand and machine tools, other equipment, and cleanliness of work areas associated with the department.
- To order and prepare materials for students use, and control stock.
- Act as safety observer during practical workshop demonstrations.
- Cooperate with lecturing staff in the preparation and development of facilities.
- Assist lecturers with demonstrations as required and effectively communicate with staff and students.
- Assist in the production of teaching models and aids across the Construction and Engineering department.
The person & qualifications
- Industry experience in the construction industry
- Minimum of level 2 qualification in an appropriate construction trade
- Health and Safety in relation to the subject area
- A DBS on the update service or applied for
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.