Protocol are proud to be recruiting for an upstanding Training Provider who specialise in the Nuclear Engineering sector. Due to growth, our client are looking for an Assessor in Business Support Services. Located in West Cumbria, this is a fantastic opportunity for any Assessor looking for a new challenge.
- Ideally, applicants should hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration or relevant subject in order to deliver support sessions & assess learner’s work. Previous teaching experience is not essential as training will be provided. However, candidates must be prepared to work towards attaining a teaching qualification.
- Functional skills support and feedback is an aspect of the role, so numeracy & literacy at level 2 is required.
- Deliver training, carry out assessments and assess portfolio work up to and including a minimum of Level 3.
- Carry out research and product development for new qualifications in line with customer demand and continuous improvement of the provision, including material for the virtual learning environment.
- Provide high quality academic guidance and advice to ensure all learners have a productive and effective learning experience.
- Demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment in line with Gen’s principles and strategy.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of learning and maintaining records to monitor learner progress, achievement and attendance.
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act and all other rules and regulations that govern the work completed for Gen2.
- Provide pastoral care and support to learners.
- Actively participate in team meetings and standardisation processes.
- Undertake any such duties which may be specified from time to time, in relation to the role, by management.
- Contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
- Maintain own continuing professional development.
The person & qualifications
Essential: Assessor qualification.
NVQ L3 in Business Administration or relevant qualification.
Maths & English GCSE ‘C’ or above or L2 qualification.
Desirable: Diploma in Management or Administration
Membership of a relevant professional organisation
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.