We at Protocol are working exclusively with HRG to recruit for a Permanent Carpentry and Joinery Lecturer and Assessor specialising in Level 2 and Level 3 Apprenticeships. The main purpose of this role will be to support the successful delivery and attainment, via effective teaching, learning and assessment practices, of timely outcomes for learners on Apprenticeship programmes within Carpentry. In this combined role, successful candidates will be required to provide practical and theoretical delivery of teaching in Level 2 and Level 3 programmes, and have the ability to provide support to the apprentices throughout their apprenticeship journey.
- Ensure the effective delivery of all components of an apprentice’s journey from point of recruitment through to timely completion, ensuring awarding body registrations are managed and adhere to registration procedures.
- Manage an identified caseload of apprentices, involving employers in all aspects of delivery and assessment processes; providing an outstanding service based on good working practice. Manage student recruitment, enrolment, attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement. Liaise with employers, and report to appropriate line management.
- Conduct health & safety audits ensuring a safe working environment whilst supporting apprentices to understand the importance of keeping themselves and others safe, ensuring any risks are reported to management.
- Ensure a full and comprehensive induction process with apprentices is completed including employer participation. Play a full role in the maintenance of student discipline, operation of the College’s student disciplinary policy, and the maintenance of high standards of campus life generally.
- Liaise with cross College services, external partners and employers to ensure that all apprentices have access to appropriate support and ALS where required.
- Promote the importance of maths & English development through the use of BKSB, ensuring apprentices engage and develop these skills throughout their apprenticeship.
- Contribute to the development of learning and delivery plans and formative assessment of apprentices to ensure learning meets individual needs to support timely achievement.
- Work pro-actively to secure constant quality improvement, supporting achievement of the highest possible standards, continuously reviewing and recommending changes in the curriculum that meets the needs of all relevant key stakeholders.
- Monitor and maintain quality compliance by using e-portfolio systems to agreed standards. Support timely progress and meet Awarding Body, ESFA & Ofsted requirements. Ensure that the programme area meets appropriate assessment and quality assurance requirements. Proactively review the programme and produce action plans which feed into the self-assessment and business planning.
- Ensure the delivery of outstanding learning and assessment through creative and innovative methods. Teaching duties include the appropriate preparation and delivery of learning materials and resources, devising appropriate schemes of work, lesson plans and individual learning plans in accordance with college policy and procedure.
- Monitor and maintain high levels of pastoral support for apprentices as appropriate through regular progress reviews with employers. Provide constructive written and verbal feedback and ensure effective SMART target setting is used, support timely attainment and value added measures.
The person & qualifications
Relevant professional qualification in the identified subject area / specialism (Level 3 or above)
Teaching qualification such as PGCE or DTLLS
Assessor qualification (A1/TAQA).
English and Maths at grade C (GCSE) or equivalent
Proven teaching experience in subject specialism in an FE environment
Proven experience in teaching apprentices and working knowledge of Apprenticeships
Occupational industry experience in the identified subject area / specialism.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.