Protocol are working with a new specialist training centre dedicated to delivering training to the built environment, manufacturing and science & technology industries. This is your opportunity to join the core team and be part of the development of this new and different training centre in the heart of Alconbury Weald.
The successful candidate will provide teaching and support to students completing Civil Engineering apprenticeships L3-L5 and short technical courses related to civil engineering, and will form part of the core staff developing and delivering apprenticeship training and short courses for the built environment.
This role is a year-round post, either full-time or part-time. 37 hours per week (to be pro-rated if part time) with a salary of £35,000 – 37000 (to be pro-rated if part time).
- Deliver courses up to Level 5 in the core topics for civil engineering in line with relevant awarding organisation requirements
- Develop, deliver, manage and review course material as appropriate
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students as required
- Prepare scheme of work and scheme of assessment in conjunction with Assessor
- Liaise with apprentice employers to agree and deliver relevant training
- Track and review student progress and maintain student records with assessor
- Contribute to the development of eLearning and on-line teaching initiatives
- Attend promotional events and assist in the recruitment of students and employers are appropriate
- Participate in course reviews and evaluations
- Liaise with Awarding Organisations as appropriate
- Civil Engineering qualification to minimum of HNC/HND level
- Recent and relevant industrial experience
- Ability to design effective learning programmes and to effectively deliver integrated curriculum and assessment
- Ability to engage with a range of teaching media including online and distance learning
- Proven ability to devise and/or manage multiple teaching, learning and assessment activities
- Potential to develop academic leadership
- Excellent communication (including written and spoken English), presentation and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills, including ability to teach IT skills where appropriate
- Recent and relevant Health and Safety training
- Ability to motivate people of all ages and abilities
- Certificate in Education/PGCE/DTLLS
- Assessor qualification A1 or equivalent (TAQA)
- CEng or IEng membership of Institute of Civil Engineers
Special working arrangements/requirements:
Due to the nature of this post, an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be required and may be re-checked as required.
Occasional evening/weekend working may be required
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.