Protocol is proud to be working with a world leading distance learning organisation to recruit for a Curriculum Co-ordinator for HR and L&D.
The Curriculum Co‐ordinator (HR and L&D) will play a major role, under the direction of the Head of Curriculum, in establishing the aims and objectives of the curriculum area to reflect the overall aims and objectives of the Company to ensure the achievement of these objectives. They will lead the staff appraisal arrangements within their curriculum area and set targets to ensure that staff are motivated to deliver education to the highest possible standard in accordance with the objectives included within the Company’s development plan.
- Have overall responsibility for the delivery of teaching and learning within the curriculum area.
- Ensure, through the effective opera on of assessment, recording and reporting systems that all learners meet agreed targets, both individually and across the curriculum area, and ensure that schemes of work include provision for personalised learning.
- Ensure that all members of the curriculum area are performing as effectively and efficiently as possible and ensure to the best of her/his ability, that the curriculum area is adequately resourced to fulfil its function within the Company.
- Keep abreast of national strategy and developments impacting on her/his subject area/s and ensure information is communicated to the curriculum area and Company staff, and the curriculum area is responsive to such developments.
- Contribute to curriculum development and timetabling as required.
- Oversee the preparation of schemes of work and lead, develop and enhance the teaching of other tutors within the curriculum area.
- Work within the Company’s Quality Assurance and Enhancement Framework to ensure that s/he and the members of the curriculum area keep their knowledge and expertise up to‐date and demonstrate CPD.
- Play a key role in the appointment of staff within the curriculum area, and put in
place arrangements for the mentoring of newly appointed tutors/IV ’s within her/his
subject area/s as required.
- Represent the interests of the curriculum area within the wider management of the Company, and participate in any collaborative arrangements which may benefit the development of the curriculum area.
- Agree appropriate professional targets annually with the Head of Curriculum, who will monitor and review her/his performance in accordance with the Company ’s appraisal policy.
- Contribute as appropriate to company-wide initiatives such as student induction and encourage extra‐curricular activities within the curriculum area guidelines
- Lead monthly curriculum area meetings.
The person & qualifications
- First degree.
- Qualified teacher status.
- A continued commitment to own professional development.
- Teaching experience within the designated subject range.
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues and successful use of measures that promote and ensure the safeguarding of children/vulnerable adults.
- Excellent knowledge of current legislation, guidance and policy in the subject area.
- Management experience in subject area or a key stage.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.