We are delighted to be assisting an further education provider with the appointment of their next Deputy Head of Engineering.
- To coordinate and monitor the work of the campus delivery team.
- To work with the Head of Department to develop the curriculum strategy for the delivery of teaching, learning and assessment to ensure continuous improvement.
- To attend regular cross-campus activities with curriculum teams from each campus, sharing practice and reviewing performance data, student and staff feedback as directed by the Head of Department.
- To coordinate arrangements for cover for absence within the team.
- To support the Head of Department in monitoring and improving the quality of teaching, learning and assessment; including involvement in lesson observations, learning walks and learner voice activity.
- To play a key role in monitoring student performance such as attendance, behaviour, retention, success, progression and destination.
- To take a key role in exam scheduling arrangements, communicating and coordinating exams with the exams team.
- Working closely with the Head of Department, carry out part of the induction of new staff within the team, monitor and review new staff during probationary periods, and undertake staff appraisals as required.
The person & qualifications
- To hold a minimum level 3 qualification in the appropriate subject and/or significant experience in relevant area
- To be a qualified teacher with substantial teaching experience in the appropriate subject area
- To have an excellent teaching grade profile
- To have knowledge and understanding of assessment within post 16 environment
For a full job description or an informal discussion please contact Emily on 0115 911 1123 or email@example.com
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.