Protocol are working on behalf of a charitable training provider who aims to promote personal development through the performing arts whose core values are quality, inclusion and innovation. The role is maternity cover on a contract for a minimum of 6 months.
- Deputise for the Head of Learning in their absence.
- Ensure that all students take part in external work experience in their first and second year
- Ensure that all third year students take part in a supported internship and that students moving on are also engaged in a supported internship or paid work when leaving.
- Monitor and support the work experience coordinator, Transition coordinator, job coaches, student support workers and careers officer.
- Liaise effectively with external partners in respect of careers guidance and ensure appropriate training and development are in place for internal staff involved in careers and job guidance.
- Work with the Transition coordinator to prepare and deliver moving on /careers fairs twice a year.
- Work with the Transition coordinator to ensure accurate and timely information is given to parents and students in relation to planning ahead for moving on.
The person & qualifications
- Recent experience working within young adults who have educational needs
- A teaching qualification
- Adaptable and committed
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.