We are delighted to be assisting a Cornwall-based education provider with the appointment of their next Director of MIS.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the FE sector and may also have experience outside the sector. Alternatively, someone who can prove themselves to be ready for a step up from an MIS Manager role into a Directors role would be considered.
As a Director of MIS we are looking for a confident knowledgeable individual who has a clear vision of what the College systems should look like and how to get there.
You must have managed a significant portfolio of software applications at a large complex FE organisation operating at a senior level. Experience of working with the “pro” suite of education software would be highly desirable but not essential.
· This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of all software applications relating to our student records and all elements of funding assurance and compliance. The role will work very closely with the Head of Information Systems who is responsible for all hardware.
· The College has invested heavily in modern fit for purpose software applications for its staff and students but has yet to maximise the efficiency and reporting benefits of that investment. This role will manage all elements of software development and maintenance to deliver maximum benefit of I.T investment in the College’s pursuit of education excellence.
· This role will champion the development of the College’s student information systems and funding assurance to ensure it is a leader in the sector. Having successfully transformed our student MIS this role would be expected to grow in time to encompass responsibility for other core MIS systems, namely HR and Finance ERP.
The person & qualifications
- Experience in leading student MIS in FE and FE funding compliance;
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing a portfolio of software applications at a senior level;
- Working knowledge of some key programming and reporting protocols;
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Formal qualifications in:
o project management and / or
o Software development and reporting protocols.
For a full job description or an informal discussion please contact Matt on 0115 911 1136 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.