Protocol are delighted to be working with a leading education training provider in order to recruit for a permanent, full time Director of Improvement. This is a new post and is an exciting new opportunity within the Trust to work within our newly established Executive Team. The Trust supports the delivery of educational excellence to children with Special Educational Needs across a range of settings within and beyond Birmingham. The Trust is growing and expanding and this role will develop alongside a wider Executive Team.
The role is directly accountable to the Chief Executive Office for the implementation of school improvement strategies that achieve the highest outcomes for children.
- Experience of raising standards, both as a successful Head Teacher/Principal or in a wider senior leadership role, this could be as a member of a local/regional/national school improvement team (or equivalent).
- Recent experience of having led, or significantly contributed to, the success of schools.
- A demonstrable record of driving strong academic outcomes through systems and processes.
- Experience of working with school leaders in a variety of settings, including primary and secondary.
- Have a strong grasp of the current educational landscape, including keeping on top of latest trends and innovation in the enhancement of education provision, both in the classroom and outside it.
The person & qualifications
- The ability to build trusting relationships, and establish credibility, including with education practitioners, leaders and governors/sponsors.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Commitment to a strong, open culture of accountability; a person of integrity.
- A child centred approach.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.